Nootropics are supplements I’ve only recently started to getting into, and I’ve been impressed with the results.
To the point that I’m considering not going back to life without them.
They’re completely natural supplements that supply your brain with exactly what it needs to function at a much higher capacity.
After experiencing nootropics I realized:
- Your memory increases – I could remember things much more clearly, ideal for a writer
- You can learn faster – Complex concepts and processes became easier to understand
- Paying attention is easier – I was reading for longer, and found it easy to ignore distractions
- No ‘midday burnout’ – No ‘brain fog’ in the afternoon, it became easier to keep going
It took over a month of real testing for me to notice these effects really kicking in after I compared my work to the month before.
The way nootropics do this is by working with the cognitive functions in your brain, the processes your mind performs every day – and nootropics makes them stronger.
They do this by:
- Boosting and supporting neurotransmitters in the brain
- Increasing oxygen supplies to your brain
- Stimulating brain nerve growth
- Improving communications between neurons for overall more efficient and healthy brain
By giving your mind all extra support, you can see the world with a new sense of clarity. Tasks become easier and things just seem to ‘make sense’.
Are Nootropics safe?
Natural Nootropics are safe (like the stacks we’ll be looking at today), but Smart Drugs are not.
Natty Noots contain ingredients that come straight from nature. They are not prescription drugs or dangerous chemicals, they’re nutrients that supply your brain chemistry with the extra support it needs to help it to consistently perform at optimum levels.
There’s no side effects or risk with these supplements, and they get you to a pretty much perfect state of mind.
It’s the Smart Drugs that you have to be wary of – and one that people often confuse as nootropics.
These are knock-off prescription pills that can be found online, and make no mistake, they are highly dangerous. They’re amphetamine-based substances that don’t optimize your brain, but more stimulate it to the point of oblivion – which can put your energy levels through the roof, but doesn’t necessarily mean focus. It could actually cause jitters, headaches and raised blood pressure.
Examples of smart drugs:
Smart Drugs are definitely not nootropics, nor are they recommended on this website without a prescription.
What makes a GOOD Nootropic?
When it comes to Nootropics, there are universal guidelines they have to follow to be deemed to be ‘good’.
These guidelines were put in place by the first man to coin the term ‘nootropics’, Dr Corneliu E. Giurgea in 1972, a pioneer in the field.
To be classed as high quality, Giurgea’s criteria states a nootropic must:
- Protect your brain – Prevent both chemical and physical damage
- Enhance cognition – Strengthen ability to learn, memorize and concentrate
- Contain no toxins – Has no side effects
- Improves both cortical and subcortical control – Universal mental efficiency
These are great rules from Giurgea, however, how well they follow this hinges on one point in particular – the ingredients.
To find out what the top 5 Nootropic ingredients are click the link below to see our findings:
The Top 3 Natural Nootropics
1. Mind Lab Pro – Opti-Nutra
From the boffins at Opti-Nutra comes Mind Lab Pro, one of the best nootropics I’ve seen in a while. It contains all the top ingredients, and a few others that came close to making it into my top 5.
I’ve been using it for a few months now and noticed I have:
- Better Memory – Faster Recall
- Quicker Learning – I can understand complicated concepts quicker
- Faster Problem Solving – Both at work and at home I seem to have ‘all the answers’
- More Energetic and Alert – Easier to focus without ‘burning out’
- Longer Attention Span – I can read and digest content for a lot longer than usual
Why It’s Our #1 Nootropic
Overall, there’s a lot of evidence that suggests Mind Lab Pro is the best Nootropic on the market at the moment, you can read my full review on it, and the effects that it had, in the review below.
Their Website: www.mindlabpro.com
2. SmartX – Cerebral Success
From Rightway Nutrition we have SmartX, which is one of the better nootropics out there. During my research I came across SmartX a lot, and found reason to believe it may help:
- Boost Concentration
- Reduce Anxiety
- Improve Memory
- Increase Mental Agility
Why It’s Our #2 Nootropic
Overall, SmartX is a pretty solid noot, there’s just a few issues with it. The main problem being it’s largely a proprietary blend – we don’t know how much of each ingredient is actually being used.
Another concern is that this nootropic also contains caffeine. Although this gives you an energy boost, it’s only a temporary lift – what you want is a selection of nootropics that naturally boost your brain power without risking side effects like jitters or headaches.
3. Alpha Brain – Onnit
Why it’s our #3 Nootropic
Overall, although Alpha Brain is up there in our top 3, it’s definitely not your best option available. It contains 2 out of our top 5 ingredients, however we don’t know what the exact dosages of this product are – or how effective it actually is.
You can find out more in our full review:
In closing these are the best 3 natural nootropics out there on the market at the moment.
It’s the best way to gain the edge over the competition both in the gym, and in the office. If you want to upgrade your brain, and function on that higher level we strongly suggest anything that contains Cognizin, Lion’s Mane, Rhodiola Rosea, Bacopa and Huperzine A – they’re all high ranking brain boosters.
And the best one that we’ve found that covers all the bases in a generous amount is Mind Lab Pro.
That’s all for now, and happy brain boosting!